I’ve been slacking! I’m catching up today!
Part 1: Am I Currently Living Out My Values?
Now that you’re clear on what you really care about, you want to compare your values to how you’re currently living your life. For each value that you identified in your “Reset 10″, rate yourself from 1-10 on how you feel you’re acting out that particular value in your life. Be honest with yourself – it’s the only way to be able to improve upon the life you’re living now to the life you want to be living in the future!
- God – 8
- Love – 7
- Josh – 7
- Family – 6
- Friends – 7
- Serenity – 7
- Learning – 9
- Travel/Exploration – 7
- Truth – 8
- Communication – 8
Part 2: What Do My Values Look Like in Action?
For each value that you identified in your “Reset 10″, list out at least three actions that you currently take or that you should be taking in order to honor and fulfill that value in your life. What kinds of things would you be doing if you were living in full accordance with your values? What would it really look like for you to be able to rate yourself as a “10″ on how you live out all your values?
- God – 8 (weekly church attendance, prayer, scripture reading)
- Love – 7 (patience, kindness, humility)
- Josh – 7 (patience, kindness, more time)
- Family – 6 (patience, kindness, understanding)
- Friends – 7 (time, patience, understanding)
- Serenity – 7 (15 minute breaks to recenter, calming music, worship)
- Learning – 9 (continue education, exploring, discovering)
- Travel/Exploration – 7 (more traveling will be done when I graduate, get my passport, get learner’s permit)
- Truth – 8 (never stop seeking the truth, listen, do)
- Communication – 8 (listen, listen, talk)